Adjustment of Status – What is an adjustment of status and how can it help me obtain my Green Card?
- Immigrants who have entered the United States legally and are married to United States Citizens may apply to adjust their status to obtain Lawful Permanent Residence (Green Card).
- Unlawful presence, for example an immigrant who overstayed a tourist visa, and unlawful work are forgiven when you marry a U.S. citizen.
- Conditional Lawful Permanent Residence is granted to immigrants who have been married for 2 years or less to their U.S. citizen spouse at the time the application for adjustment of status is granted.
- While an immigrant is pending an application for adjustment of status, the immigrant is eligible to apply for work authorization. If work authorization is granted, an immigrant may obtain a Social Security number and a driver license.
- If you think you may be eligible for adjustment of status, you are welcome to contact the law office of Elizabeth Cuenca, P.A. to review your case!