Serving Tampa, St. Petersburg & State of Florida.


Maintaining A Green Card

Maintaining A Green Card

Removal of Conditions on Lawful Permanent Residence (Green Card) – How do I apply for a new green card when mine expires within 2 years of issue?

  • If an immigrant and their U.S. citizen spouse have been married for two years or less when adjustment of status is approved, the immigrant will become a Conditional Lawful Permanent Resident of the United States. Their green card will be valid for only 2 years.

  • A Conditional Lawful Permanent Resident of the United States must apply to have the conditions on their Lawful Permanent Residence removed prior to the expiration of their Conditional Lawful Permanent Residence.
  • If and immigrant and their spouse are still married and living together, updated evidence of their bona fide marriage is required.

  • If an immigrant and their spouse have separated or are divorced, an immigrant may still apply to have the conditions on their residence removed.

  • Once the conditions are removed, an immigrant will receive a Permanent Resident Card valid for a period of ten years.

  • The evidence required to submit a successful petition to remove conditions is extensive. Elizabeth Cuenca, P.A. is well equipped to help guide you in the gathering of evidence so you are successful!

Lawful Permanent Residence (Green Card) Renewal – How do I obtain a new Green Card since mine is expiring?

Did you know that if you are married to a U.S. citizen and you entered the U.S. legally, you can apply for your lawful permanent residence (i.e. green card) while inside the U.S.? Many people should already their residence, but they just don't know it! If you are one of those people, you can contact me to get your process started!

Are you older than 55 years? Have you been a permanent resident of the United States for more than 15 years? If this describes you or a person you know like a family member or friend, it is possible that you can do your citizenship in Spanish. These are the questions for citizenship in Spanish. If you want more information please contact me!

  • Lawful Permanent Resident Cards (Green Cards) are valid for a period of 10 years. Prior to the expiration, an immigrant may apply for renewal of their card.

  • Renewal is recommended for immigrants who intend to travel. Further, it is important for all Lawful Permanent Residents to possess valid unexpired proof of their status.

  • While a renewal is pending, an immigrant may obtain a stamp in their valid passport evidencing their Lawful Permanent Residence.

  • If you lost or had your Green Card stolen you need to obtain a new Green Card.

  • If you would like to renew your Lawful Permanent Resident card, Elizabeth Cuenca, P.A. can assist you in submitting your application!